Please fill in this application as completely as possible to reduce the possibility of delays in reviewing your application.
When you submit this form, the information will be sent to the Department of Trust Lands and a copy will also be sent to your email address.
Items marked with * are required. Construction aggregate prospecting permits are limited to no more than 4 contiguous tracts per
county and 16 contiguous tracts statewide per year (click here for full guidelines)
Click below for an example of a completed application for:
1. Type of Prospecting Permit (i.e. construction aggregate, geophysical exploration, preconstruction testing, etc.)
2. What is the purpose of this project?
3. Detailed description of method of exploration
(i.e. backhoe, auger, shot hole, vibroseis, spade, trackhoe, etc.)
4. Proposed exploration date(s).
5. Name of Project (if applicable)
6. Legal description of all school trust lands crossed (quarter section, section, township, range, county)
7. Project Contact Person
8. Contact Email Address (a copy of the application will be sent to this address)
9. Company name and address as it should appear in the easement/permit
10. Where do we send the final document for signature?
11. Name & Address of Company Project Supervisor in Charge of Field Exploration
12. What is the applicant offering for consideration for the proposed right-of-way on school trust land?
13. Comments, questions, or additional information
14. The application fee will be calculated by the Department of Trust Lands based on the information provided on this form
and billed to the email address listed above.
15. Geophysical Exploration Applicants: The applicant for a geophysical exploration permit is also required to provide General Project Map of the entire project showing the proposed exploration on
both private and public land with a rough scale of not less than 1/2 inch = 1 mile. The General Project Map must be in PDF format.
The General Project Map PDF can be sent by email to email@example.com or mailed to Surface Division Rights Of Way,
ND Department of Trust Lands, PO Box 5523, Bismarck, ND 58506-5523.
Survey Plats, if any, (must be in PDF form) for all exploration projects should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for an example of a General Project Map.
Click here for an example of a Geophysical Map.