Please fill in this application as completely as possible to reduce the possibility
of delays in reviewing your application.
When you submit this form, the information will be sent to the Department of Trust
Lands and a copy will also be sent to your email address.
Items marked with * are required.
Click below for an example of a completed application for:
1. Type of Right of Way (i.e. surface damage agreement, electric,
pipeline, communications, tower site, road, etc.)
2. Is this a drop line? (i.e. a short pipeline, electric
line, or communication cable less than 20 rods serving one well pad)
3. What is the purpose of this project?
4. Detailed description of equipment, structure, pipeline, and/or cable
(i.e. Kv of electric line, design and type of poles; pipeline diameter,
material and use; number and types of cables; etc.)
5. List above ground appurtenances to the main structure (e.g.
valves, riser, launcher, receiver, pedestal, electrical box, anchors) or if none,
6. Name of Project or Well Site Name (if applicable)
7. Legal description of all school trust lands crossed or the
location of the well site for surface damage agreements (quarter section, section,
township, range, county)
8. Project Contact Person
9. Contact Email Address (a copy of the application will be sent
to this address)
10. Company name and address as it should appear in the easement/permit
11. Where do we send the final document for signature?
12. Name & Address of Company Project Supervisor in Charge of Construction
13. What is the applicant offering for consideration for the proposed
right-of-way on school trust land?
14. Comments, questions, or additional information
15. The application fee will be calculated by the Department of Trust Lands based
on the information provided on this form
and billed to the email address listed above.
16. The applicant is also required to provide General Route Map of the entire project
showing the proposed route on
both private and public land with a rough scale of not less than 1/2 inch = 1 mile.
The General Route Map must be in PDF format.
The General Route Map PDF can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mailed to Surface Division Rights Of Way,
Survey Plats (must be in PDF form) for all projects should be emailed to
Click here for an example
of a General Route Map.