On March 28, 2019, the Board adopted the North Dakota Board of University and School Lands Minerals Policy Manual – Chapter 2, Oil & Gas and amended the Board’s Oil and Gas Lease to reflect these policies. With the Board revising the rules into Board Policies, the Board’s Oil and Gas Lease was revised to reflect the word “policies” instead of “rules and regulations".
Article 85-06, Minerals Management, of the North Dakota Administrative Code became effective January 1, 2020. The Board’s Oil and Gas Lease was revised to reflect the change from the word “policies” to “rules”.
- Current Sample Oil and Gas Lease - subject to Article 85-06 of the North Dakota Administrative Rules effective January 1, 2020
- Board Mineral Policy Manual - effective March 28, 2019
- Old Sample Oil and Gas Lease - subject to Oil and Gas Rules effective July 26, 1979
- Oil and Gas Rules - effective July 26, 1979
- Application for Shut-in Instructions with Requirements
- Shut-in Form
- Shut-in Gas (Lease)
- Shut-in Oil (Administrative Rules)
Mineral Tract Nominations